Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the Chatelaine site,and have made it several times.This is a classic pineapple and pork combo with fresh veggies and chile flakes.It calls for canned pineapple,but I like to add fresh when I can,also the bonus is one pan clean up.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14 ounces pineapple tidbits, packed in their own juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 lb pork tenderloin or 1 lb pork, stir fry strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Cut onion into long thin strips.
- Core pepper and slice in thin long strips.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Finely mince garlic.
- Drain juice from pineapple into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Stir cornstarch into pineapple juice until dissolved.
- Stir in hoisin sauce.
- Cut lime and squeeze juice into pineapple mixture.
- Stir in chili flakes.
- Slice pork in bite size strips.
- Heat oil in frying pan over med heat.
- Add pork and stir fry until cooked through about 4 minute.
- Add onion,pepper,broccoli and garlic,continue to cook 2 minute.
- Add pineapple until heated through.
- Stir juice mixture,then add to pan.
- Cook,stirring continuously,until liquid is bubbling and thickened 2-3 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in corriander.
- Great with rice noodles or steamed rice.
This was very good! I strayed a little from the original recipe by adding bean sprouts and shanghai noodles near the end of the process. I also reduced the red pepper flakes, due to the little 'uns eating with us. I would happily make this again! Thanks for posting.