1/1 Photo of Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
katie in the UP's Note:
Entry in RSC #10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, approx 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained reserve juice
- 4 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 red jalapeno chile, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pineapple juice (add water to make 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- garnish with chopped cilantro
- 1In a large pan, brown pork chops in veggie oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- 2Mix in a separate bowl the pineapple juice, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and 2 tbls brown sugar.
- 3Add to pan with pork chops.
- 4Add sliced carrots and cover pan to simmer 8 minutes on low.
- 5Add apples and pineapple and simmer for another 5 minutes until meat is cooked and apples are crisp tender.
- 6Remove from pan onto a serving platter and mix 2 tsp water with 2 tsp corn starch and add to pan with cooking juices.
- 7Cook for 1 minute.
- 8Pour over meat mixture.
- 9Serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 170.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g