Entry in RSC #10.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, approx 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained reserve juice
- 4 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 red jalapeno chile, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pineapple juice (add water to make 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- garnish with chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, brown pork chops in veggie oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Mix in a separate bowl the pineapple juice, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and 2 tbls brown sugar.
- Add to pan with pork chops.
- Add sliced carrots and cover pan to simmer 8 minutes on low.
- Add apples and pineapple and simmer for another 5 minutes until meat is cooked and apples are crisp tender.
- Remove from pan onto a serving platter and mix 2 tsp water with 2 tsp corn starch and add to pan with cooking juices.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over meat mixture.
- Serve with steamed rice.