Entry in RSC #10.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, approx 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained reserve juice
- 4 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 red jalapeno chile, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pineapple juice (add water to make 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- garnish with chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, brown pork chops in veggie oil for 3 minutes on each side.
- Mix in a separate bowl the pineapple juice, chicken broth, Dijon mustard and 2 tbls brown sugar.
- Add to pan with pork chops.
- Add sliced carrots and cover pan to simmer 8 minutes on low.
- Add apples and pineapple and simmer for another 5 minutes until meat is cooked and apples are crisp tender.
- Remove from pan onto a serving platter and mix 2 tsp water with 2 tsp corn starch and add to pan with cooking juices.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour over meat mixture.
- Serve with steamed rice.
I had a difficult time finding thick boneless chops so I prepared this dish using pork tenderloin cut an inch thick. Accordingly, I reduced the cooking time for the meat by reducing the initial 6 minutes of searing to 2 minutes. I used what my market called red jalapenos but suspect they were not as the flesh was thinner and the result was searingly hot. so much so it made it more difficult to enjoy the other flavors in the dish. From what I was able to taste, I really likrd the combination of apples and carrots with the pork and mustard flavored sauce. Planning to ty this again so and will submit a rated review.