Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so easy to make. You can grill them, bake them, or do like i do and stick them on the foreman grill! Be sure to use ripe plantains! I always make them as a side with jerk chicken.
- 2 plantains
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup toasted shredded coconut (optional)
- Peel plantains and cut in half lengthwise.
- Grill plantains on foreman or outdoor grill about 10 minutes (5 on each side) or until they are lightly browned and almost crispy.
- Stir together cream of coconut, juice, and red pepper.
- Drizzle over plantains. Sprinkle with toasted coconut (optional).
- *You can add more red pepper if you like spicier!