Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delicious dessert, great for summer grilling, from the grocery store. Be sure to soak your skewers if you use wood, about 30 minutes in water should do.
- Start the grill.
- Combine brown sugar, rum or pineapple juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and chili pepper flakes.
- Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved into the mixture.
- Using two skewers per serving, thread the pineapple cubes onto them so that you get six kebabs. The use of two skewers for each one will make it easier to turn.
- Brush both sides of each kebab with the sugar mixture. Reserve the remaining mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 10 minutes on grill, or until golden brown, basting with remaining mixture and turning occasionally.
- Enjoy as-is, or serve with vanilla ice cream.
This was soooo yummy! I actually served it as a side to a spicy Roasted Chicken With Moroccan Spices and it was great! It had the perfect combination of tangy, sweet, spicy hot with the richness of the vanilla-really full of flavor! I went light on the chili but I think I would add more next time..it was just a great flavor! made for ZWT9 Zingo.
WE LOVED this recipe! I made as posted using the rum and Splenda brown sugar and it turned out delicious. I served as dessert and this recipe will be used many times ~ it's a keeper! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2011!
I love grilled fruit, this is a great recipe! I left the pineapple to marinate for quite some time, and I have to say, the marinade was hard to resist taste-testing. I think this would be equally great sauteed, so none of the fantastic sauce is lost through the grill grates. Served with vanilla soy ice "cream" and it was delicious.