Recipe by Starrynews
A delicious dessert, great for summer grilling, from the grocery store. Be sure to soak your skewers if you use wood, about 30 minutes in water should do.
Top Review by AlaskaPam
This was soooo yummy! I actually served it as a side to a spicy recipe#424382 and it was great! It had the perfect combination of tangy, sweet, spicy hot with the richness of the vanilla-really full of flavor! I went light on the chili but I think I would add more next time..it was just a great flavor! made for ZWT9 Zingo.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rum or 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 12 skewers, soaked if wooden
- vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the grill.
- Combine brown sugar, rum or pineapple juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and chili pepper flakes.
- Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved into the mixture.
- Using two skewers per serving, thread the pineapple cubes onto them so that you get six kebabs. The use of two skewers for each one will make it easier to turn.
- Brush both sides of each kebab with the sugar mixture. Reserve the remaining mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 10 minutes on grill, or until golden brown, basting with remaining mixture and turning occasionally.
- Enjoy as-is, or serve with vanilla ice cream.