Recipe by Tish
Posted in response to a request. This is really excellent! We use it over chicken and fish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 6 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar (turbinado)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions, ginger, jalapenos, and cumin for 6 minutes.
- Add the rum and cook until almost all is evaporated.
- Add the pineapple, lime juice, and sugar, bring to simmer and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Caution!
- Be sure to wear rubber gloves when preparing the chilies or you will experience an intense burning sensation in your hands not to mention what would happen should you rub your eyes!