Recipe by Marie
Excellent sweet and spicy side dish for chicken, pork or seafood.
Top Review by Black Radish
This is good, but very delicate and mild in flavor. So I kicked it up so I added 6 cloves garlic and a tbsp of freshly minced ginger instead of the smaller amounts listed. I used fresh pineapple, chopped instead of canned, which made the dish only mildly sweet. The second time I made it, I turned it into a Thai version by subsituting the soy sauce for fish sauce, lime juice & rice vinegar. I subsituted the green onions for Thai Basil and cilantro. It, too, was a great version.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium low heat, add garlic, ginger and red pepper.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and add rice and soy sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add pineapple, stir and heat through.
- Garnish with sliced green onions over the top and serve.