Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe I created for something different to serve with tortilla chips besides salsa. Great snack for watching football games.
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers with seeds, diced (more if you like it hotter)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until thickened, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.