Recipe by LizP
This recipe was given to me years ago by a good friend. They are so quick to make and while there are similar recipes out there, the vinegar gives it a special tang that makes them unique and has everyone begging for the recipe.
Top Review by gailanng
If I had suggested, "Let's make a dish with pecans, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cumin and VINEGAR." Then I promised that it would come out superb. Would you have believed me? Well let me tell you these were fabulous.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Melt the butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the pecans and saute until toasted and brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and cook, stirring very frequently, until caramelized.
- Stir in the paprika, chili powder and ground cumin.
- Stir to distribute evenly.
- Add the vinegar and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add salt to taste.
- Spread the pecans on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in an oven until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- They will crisp up once as they cool.