1/1 Photo of Sweet and Spicy Oven-Baked Drumsticks
A devilishly-good seasoned dredge for your chicken drumsticks. Gift your 'secret' recipe to friends in decorated bags, and give instructions on how to bake the drumsticks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil, to coat bottom of pan
- 8 chicken drumsticks, rinsed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (if you like food very spicy, up to 1 1/2 tsps)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 3/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 440°F (225C).
- 2Pour enough olive oil into a foil-lined 9 X 13-inch baking pan to just coat bottom.
- 3Mix flour, icing sugar, chili powder, salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder, cumin, ginger and ground pepper in a heavy-duty plastic bag; shake chicken pieces in the bag, a few at a time, until evenly coated. Give chicken a sharp rap against the side of bag when removing to shake off excess coating.
- 4Place the drumsticks in the olive oil; bake 30 minutes. Turn drumsticks and bake 15 minutes more until pieces are fork-tender.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Oven-Baked Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 1000.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 29.5 g