Recipe by Patrick Bannasch
I found this recipe on the internet somewhere- can't remember when or where. These were a hit at our last Super Bowl Party! Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs fresh chicken wings, cut in half at center joint
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place half in a resealable plastic bag; add wings, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Put a wire rack in each baking sheet; spray each rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place wings in a single layer on racks; discard bag and contents.
- Bake 20 minutes, turning once.
- Brush with the reserved marinade.
- Bake 10 minutes, turning and brushing with marinade once more.
- If desired, broil for 1-2 minutes per side to char slightly.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Transfer any remaining marinade to a bowl , and serve alongside as a dipping sauce if desired.