This recipe was sent to me by my #2 son. He says they are so good that it would be a shame not to share them with my Zaar buddies! The recipe only calls for walnuts, pecans and almonds, but if you are feeling a little frisky, add in some cashews and peanuts, too!! Great for serving at a picnic, giving as gifts, or just an anytime - in front of the TV type snack! Hope you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar (Packed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 3Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add next 8 ingredients; stir until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- 5Add all nuts; stir until butter mixture coats nuts thickly, about 2 minutes.
- 6Spread nut mixture in single layer on prepared sheet.
- 7Bake until nuts are glazed and deep brown, stirring often, about 25 minutes.
- 8Cool nuts completely on sheet, stirring occasionally.
- 9(Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.).
- 10Makes 6 cups.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (1055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 911.1
- Calories from Fat 760
- Total Fat 84.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 610.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 19.5 g