Recipe by Bev
This recipe was sent to me by my #2 son. He says they are so good that it would be a shame not to share them with my Zaar buddies! The recipe only calls for walnuts, pecans and almonds, but if you are feeling a little frisky, add in some cashews and peanuts, too!! Great for serving at a picnic, giving as gifts, or just an anytime - in front of the TV type snack! Hope you enjoy!!
Top Review by rickoholic83
Yum! I cut the recipe in half and used only almonds. I wanted some serious heat so I used a full tsp of cayenne. It was a perfect blend of sweet and spicy (for me)! Thanks Bev and Son #2 for sharing this great recipe!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup golden brown sugar (Packed)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups whole almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add next 8 ingredients; stir until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Add all nuts; stir until butter mixture coats nuts thickly, about 2 minutes.
- Spread nut mixture in single layer on prepared sheet.
- Bake until nuts are glazed and deep brown, stirring often, about 25 minutes.
- Cool nuts completely on sheet, stirring occasionally.
- (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.).
- Makes 6 cups.