Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from "Sugar In The Raw" brand turbinado sugar
- 118.29 ml honey, plus
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml water
- 453.59 g pecan halves
- 147.89 ml turbinado sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml clove
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- Warm honey and water; do not allow to boil.
- Mix well and cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup (8 Tbs) of turbinado sugar and spices.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine honey and nuts.
- Toss well until nuts are thorougly coated and no honey syrup remains in the bottom of the bowl.
- Toss nuts quickly and thoroughly with sugar and spice mix.
- Spread nut mixture on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and separate nuts with a spoon (they will begin to clump together as sugar begins to melt). Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbs of turbinado sugar.
- Continue baking 5 to 7 minutes more until nuts are browned and crystallized.