Kay Demonbren's Note:
A recipe from "Sugar In The Raw" brand turbinado sugar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm honey and water; do not allow to boil.
- 2Mix well and cool to room temperature.
- 3In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup (8 Tbs) of turbinado sugar and spices.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, combine honey and nuts.
- 5Toss well until nuts are thorougly coated and no honey syrup remains in the bottom of the bowl.
- 6Toss nuts quickly and thoroughly with sugar and spice mix.
- 7Spread nut mixture on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 5 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and separate nuts with a spoon (they will begin to clump together as sugar begins to melt). Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbs of turbinado sugar.
- 10Continue baking 5 to 7 minutes more until nuts are browned and crystallized.
Browse Our Top Heirloom/Historical Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Heirloom/Historical Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (687 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3789.7
- Calories from Fat 2943
- Total Fat 327.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1176.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 44.9 g
- Sugars 191.7 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: