Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Makes a satisfying snack and also a great side dish for a meal.
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 nori
- coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with foil or parchment.
- Combine rice syrup and both sesame oils in a small bowl, whisk to blend.
- Stir in cayenne.
- Tear each nori strip into 3 strips.
- Place strips on prepared baking sheets.
- Using pastry brush, thickly coat each strip w/ sesame-syrup mixture (whisk mixture occasionally).
- Sprinkle each strip with salt.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes to crisp.
- brush each strip again with the sesame-syrup mixture and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake another 10 minutes; remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Break each strip in 2 to serve.