Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe I am posting for safe keeping that I haven'et tried yet but like the look of.
- 2 kg large black mussels
- 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 50g worth
- 78.07 ml pure maple syrup
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 118.29 ml fish stock
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 300 g bok choy, chopped coarsely
- 400 g gai lan, chopped coarsely
- 473.18 ml bean sprouts
- Scrub mussels, remove beards.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, add syrup, sauces, stock and juice, bring to the boil.
- Add mussels, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 min's or until mussels open (discard any that don't).
- Remove mussels from pan, cover to keep warm.
- Return stock mixture to a boil. Add remaining ingredients to wok; stir fry until greens are just wilted.
- Return mussels to wok, stir fry until heated through.
- Accompany with steamed Jasmine rice if desired.