The Flying Chef's Note:
Another recipe I am posting for safe keeping that I haven'et tried yet but like the look of.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg large black mussels
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 50g worth
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 300 g bok choy, chopped coarsely
- 400 g gai lan, chopped coarsely
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1Scrub mussels, remove beards.
- 2Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, add syrup, sauces, stock and juice, bring to the boil.
- 3Add mussels, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 5 min's or until mussels open (discard any that don't).
- 4Remove mussels from pan, cover to keep warm.
- 5Return stock mixture to a boil. Add remaining ingredients to wok; stir fry until greens are just wilted.
- 6Return mussels to wok, stir fry until heated through.
- 7Accompany with steamed Jasmine rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Mussels With Stir Fried Asian Greens
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.5
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 1923.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 49.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: