Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good party nuts!
- 1 egg white
- 1 lb mixed nuts
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Beat egg white with 1 T. water until frothy. Toss nuts with egg mixture and drain in a colander for about 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar, salt, cumin, coriander and pepper and toss with drained nuts until coated. Spread nuts on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated 300-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 275-degrees, shift nuts with spatula and bake about 10 minutes more. Watch carefully to make sure they do not burn. Let cool before serving.
- The nuts will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 5 days.