Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Very Moist and Delicious!
Top Review by Megos Land
I made this for a Mexican themed potluck and it was hugely successful! It made much more than the 9x13 (nice surprise)...got an 8x8 out of it too! I substituted an organic cornbread mix because Jiffy has partially hydrogenated oils in it. Same with the Bisquick. Still turned out delicious and much healthier! Nobody thought it was spicy, so I would recommend adding a jalapeno? Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup bisquick low-fat baking mix
- 14 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 14 3⁄4 ounces whole kernel corn (do not drain )
- 14 1⁄2 ounces hunts diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large diced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute Onions and Green Pepper with the butter until tender and set aside to cool.
- Mix all other ingredients and when the onion mixture cools add it!
- Pour ingredients into a greased 9x13 pan and bake in a 400* oven for 30 -45 minutes depending on your oven.