Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I first had this at a church supper. It was delicious and asked for the recipe. I was amazed to see that there were not many ingredients in it. I now make this one and alternate it with my regular one Italian Stuffed Bell Peppers --Plus a Meatloaf. The Sweet & Spicy Meatloaf has only a few ingredients and is delicious, and my regular one has more in it, but is delicious too. This has a nice sauce on top. I always thought that if there were more ingredients in a meatloaf, it would taste better, but not necessarily so. This is very,very tasty!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup fresh homemade breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the hamburg, bread crumbs, milk, onion, salt, and pepper together.
- Make into a loaf and place in a 9x13 pan.
- Set the oven for 350 degrees.
- SAUCE: Mix the catsup, brown sugar, and dry mustard together.
- Put half of the sauce on the meatloaf and bake for 20 minutes.
- Get rid of any grease.
- Put the rest of the sauce on and bake for another 25 minutes (total of 45 minutes).
- Let sit for about 10 minutes.