Recipe by 2Bleu
Another great recipe from Pillsbury
Top Review by Shelby Jo
These were very good! My hubby was helping me cook and we were making the sauce and he accidently put in WAY too much of the seasonings and our jelly smelled funny...we had had it for a while so I think it was too old :( So we served these without the sauce. The meatballs themselves were fantastic though. I really liked them! Thanks for the recipe!
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup jalapeno jelly (red colored)
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, mix meatball ingredients until well blended. Shape 1 1/4" meatballs. Place in pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- In large saucepan, mix sauce ingredients. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add meatballs to sauce; stir to coat. Cook over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.