Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice change of pace from regular spicy dips, the sweet, hot, and cool all come together in a wonderfully tasty way!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 (10 ounce) bottleof your favorite salsa
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Beat the softened cream cheese until its smooth.
- Add the apple jelly and lime juice and stir together until well blended.
- Gradually add the salsa, then stir in salt and minced jalapenos.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Get out the corn chips and veggie dippers and dig in!
I made this recipe for my parents anniversay party. It was the hit of the day for both vegies and chips. I choose to use canned jalapenos instead of the fresh, so it wouldn't be too hot. I brought the left overs to work and have been bombarded with requests for the recipe.
I thought it was very good; I enjoyed the first bite of sweetness to be followed by the zing of the jalapeno. But I do think it is something that may spark one persons taste but not anothers. I used a jar of jalapenos and added some of the juice to get the hot taste. And this recipe makes alot of dip! Its something different to try.
The apple jelly made this dip too sweet for our taste. I used fresh jalapenos (and even added a few more). I thought that the sweet/hot combination might be a positive flavor, but just didn't find that it worked with my guests. Perhaps if I used less jelly or even a different brand....?