Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is our favorite wing recipe that we actually came up when we were trying to duplicate a local restaurants wing recipe. we liked this one so much we ended our search for the original recipe
- 12 chicken wings, seperated,and rinsed
- 6 cups peanut oil
- 2 cups hot sauce (frank durkee's is preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- garlic powder
- you can adjust the"hot/sweetness" of this by starting with 1 cup of hot sauce and brown sugar and adding more of whatever your preference is.
- mix hot sauce with brown sugar, stir and heat in microwave, just until mixed smooth.
- sprinkle wings with salt, pepper, or garlic powder (optional).
- heat oil, and drop wings in, fry for 9-12 minutes depending on the fryer you are using, you want them to be a golden brown and crispy.
- remove the wings from the oil and let them drain on paper towels for 2-3 minutes.
- dip wings in hotsauce-brownsugar mixture.
- put wings back in peanut oil for 2-3 minutes.
- careful of any splattering.
- remove wings again.
- place on paper towels again for 1 minute.
- then put all wings into hotsauce-brownsugar mixture.
- serve with blue cheese dressing.
We loved it!! I will definitely make these again!
I made the sauce, baked the wings (375 for 20 min) until almost done, dunked them in the sauce and put them back in the oven for a further 15 minutes - Wooee Good hot tasty wings Lovely thanks bratty