Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The pumpkin pie spice adds a nice flavor to these nuts. Cayenne pepper can adjusted to your taste.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Holiday Mixed Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups salted mixed nuts (roasted, preferably without peanuts)
- Oven 250.
- Whisk eggs and water until frothy. Stir in nuts. Mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Spread nuts on lightly buttered cookie sheet. Bake until dry, about 45 minutes. Cool and break into chunks. (Can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container for 3 days.).
oh boy these are so good, I used 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (we love extreme heat!) and that was the perfect amount for our tastes, watch closely these get dark very quickly, and stir a few times during cooking, loved these thank you!