1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sarah Chana's Note:
Just found this on the allrecipes.com website and am saving it here (with some variations) so I remember to try it. They recommend serving it over rice. I am planning to double the recipe, but only use 1 1/2 the amount of the sauce. Cooking time here includes an hour of marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar or 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (can be cut into strips if you prefer)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 1In a medium bowl, blend the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Mix in the thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, allspice, and black pepper.
- 2Place chicken in a medium baking dish, and coat with the olive oil mixture. Let marinate at least one hour, or even longer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- 3Place chicken in a preheated 375F oven, and, basting occasionally with the olive oil mixture, cook 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 4Serve over the rice with remaining olive oil mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Herbed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.1
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1587.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g