Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Just found this on the allrecipes.com website and am saving it here (with some variations) so I remember to try it. They recommend serving it over rice. I am planning to double the recipe, but only use 1 1/2 the amount of the sauce. Cooking time here includes an hour of marination.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar or 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (can be cut into strips if you prefer)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a medium bowl, blend the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Mix in the thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, allspice, and black pepper.
- Place chicken in a medium baking dish, and coat with the olive oil mixture. Let marinate at least one hour, or even longer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Place chicken in a preheated 375F oven, and, basting occasionally with the olive oil mixture, cook 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve over the rice with remaining olive oil mixture.