1/2 Photos of Sweet and Spicy Ground Turkey Stir-Fry
I put this together for a light meal when I noticed that we had too big a collection of half-bags of frozen vegetables and little containers of leftover cooked veggies. The kind and quantity of the vegetables can vary according to what you have -- you just need to end up with between 2 and 3 lbs. Some people prefer a more generous amount of thickened sauce on their stir-fry dishes. With a diabetic in the house, I skip that part but I've included the directions if you want it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pinch coriander seed, crushed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, divided (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1/2 lb snap peas or 1/2 lb snow peas
- 1/2 lb broccoli floret
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1 -2 cup spinach
- 1 -2 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1 -2 cup napa cabbage or 1 -2 cup Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 -2 zucchini or 1 -2 yellow squash, sliced
Optional Thickened Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (must be cold) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1Brown ground turkey in a little oil over medium-high heat. Drain any excess grease leaving just enough to accomplish the stir-frying process.
- 2Add garlic, onion, coriander, and a tbs of the soy sauce. Stir well.
- 3Begin adding the vegetables starting with long-cooking veggies like carrots and broccoli (especially if broccoli is still frozen), and working towards the quick-cooking greens but not adding those just yet.
- 4Just before adding the greens -- right after adding the beans or snap peas -- add the remaining soy sauce, the sugar, the sherry, and the red pepper flakes. Stir well so that sugar dissolves and pepper flakes are well distributed.
- 5Add the greens and complete the cooking.
- 6Make the optional sauce if desired by whisking the cornstarch into the chicken stock. Pour into pan just before the greens are done and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce has simmered for about one minute.
- 7Serve over rice, ramen noodle, or other preferred, Asian starch.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Ground Turkey Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 975.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 20.3 g