Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Since we keep bees, recipes with honey are always a favorite, but I'd buy honey to make this one! Great brushed on grilled meat or use as a dipping sauce.
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mince onion and garlic together in a mini-processor or by hand.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan and add onion/garlic mixture.
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- If desired, puree finished sauce for a smoother consistency.
- Brush on beef, chicken, pork, (or even shrimp) during last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Sauce is also good served on the side, just remove 1/4 cup before brushing the rest on your grilled meats.
I used this grilling chicken on my raclette. It was very good and I will be making it again, and next time will try using it for pulled pork or beef in a slow cooker. Thank you again for a wonderful recipe and a nice 1st time experience for PAC. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2010.
This was good and very simple, used on chicken to grill out. Nice combo -- not too sweet and not too spict.