Recipe by dmariaha
I made this recipe up one night when i was craving grilled shrimp and I've made it many times since. Makes a great summer dinner served with a cold salad or fresh veggies from the garden.
- 10 raw tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, through a garlic press
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, juice 2 limes, seed and finely mince 1/2 jalapeno and add to lime juice, add pressed garlic, 4 packets of Splenda, salt, pepper, chili powder and oil. Whisk until Splenda is dissolved.
- Shell and rinse tiger shrimp, drop into bowl, mix so every shrimp is coated and then lightly press all shrimp into the marinade. cover tightly and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill and slide 5 shrimp on 2 soaked bamboo skewers or metal skewers, grill on medium for 3 minutes on each side until bright pink. serve immediately.