Recipe by L. Duch
Found this recipe on another website. Thought I'd share it. It's simply delicious. This is great using pineapple, peaches, plums, honeydew or any fruit you wish. This makes a great camping treat.
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml rum (can substitute whiskey)
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper (may be omitted if you don't wish it to be spicy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bown, until sugar disolves. Set aside.
- Thread your favourite fruit, that has been cubed to desired size, onto double skewers (doubled skewers will keep the fruit from turning on the skewers).
- Brush with spice mixture. Let stand for 5 minute.
- Grill or broil fuit skewers 10min or until golded brown and carmelized, basting with spice mixture and turning occasionally. The more you turn and baste, the more carmelized and spiced they become.
- Serve the fruit warm, right off the grill or let it chill. Which ever you desire.
- Great on ice cream or along side your main meal. Enjoy :-).