Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
I just love these.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Arrange a steamer basket in a pot over boiling water, and steam the green beans 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, garlic, garlic chili sauce, and honey.
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the green beans, and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture. Continue cooking and stirring 2 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly evaporated.
- Serve immediately.
These had a great flavor. They were definitely more spicy with just a hint of sweetness. I used Sriracha hot sauce as the previous reviewer did. The beans came out great. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this with Dancer^'s Maple Lamb chops and it was really good. I think I did something not right because the beans were a little chewy, maybe I didn't cook long enough or I cooked too long...next time I'll figure it out. I will be makin it again, that's for sure. I used Sriracha hot sauce in exchange of the chili garlic sauce and added more garlic in exchange. Thanks for a great recipe.