1/1 Photo of Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Cubes
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the American Heart Association. It is really good with Calypso Rice. DH and DD really love it. I get lots of requests for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice, fresh is best
- 1/4 cup lime juice, fresh is best
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 habaneros or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- 2Brown pork cubes for 6 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the onion and garlic, lower heat to medium-low and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, lower heat and cook, covered, over low heat for 40 or 50 minutes till pork is tender.
- 5Uncover pan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until juices have reduced to a thick glaze.
- 6Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Cubes
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 131.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 22.8 g