Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
I decided to try my hand at "Ready Set Cook". I chose 5 ingredients off the list, and this is what I came up with. Serve it over rice and you have a very tasty meal. I hope you all enjoy. Please Note: Prep time does not include marination time needed for chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian food isle at your local grocery store)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup fresh ginger, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions, green portion only, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 1/2 cups snow pea pods, fresh
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- rice (optional)
- 1With your potato peeler peel a portion of skin off of the ginger. Continue to peel strips of the cream flesh of the ginger until you have approximately 1/8 cup. If desired, you can take a knife and cut the ginger into smaller pieces at this point. My family happens to like ginger, so I leave it in long strips. Place remaining ginger in a freezer bag and place in freezer for later use.
- 2Add the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, fresh ginger, sesame seeds, spring onions, and red pepper flakes to a gallon sized ziplock bag and give it a shake to combine.
- 3Place chicken drumsticks into bag and seal. Place bag in the refrigerator and allow chicken to marinade for a minimum of 4 hours.
- 4Once chicken has marinated, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Carefully remove chicken from bag and set marinade aside. Do Not discard.
- 5Place chicken on a greased baking sheet. Cook legs 15 minutes at 400 degrees then flip and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- 6While chicken is in the oven, cook rice if desired; according to package directions.
- 7During the last 15 minutes of cooking the chicken, pour oil into a wok or large skillet and heat over high heat. When oil is good and hot, add the sliced mushrooms, snow pea pods, and water chestnuts and quickly stir-fry until snow peas are crisp tender. Remove vegetables to a plate and set aside.
- 8Turn the heat down on on your wok or pan and add the marinade sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook approximately 5 minutes. Add vegetables, and chicken drumsticks to the sauce and give a quick stir to coat all ingredients.
- 9Spoon vegetables and sauce over rice and top each serving with two drumsticks.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Ginger Chicken Drumsticks With Snow Peas and Mus
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 4156.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce
snow pea pods