Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a great appetizer.
- 3⁄4 lb large peeled deveined shrimp, tails intact
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 dried red chilies
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch and salt. Toss the shrimp and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce. Stir the soy sauce, ketchup, honey, and chili garlic sauce together in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the sides of the wok. add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and chiles and cook about 30 seconds. Add the sauce and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 30 seconds. Serve.
What a great, spicy little appetizer! We loved these! I didn't have any dried red chiles so i just threw in a healthy pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and it worked out beautifully. I will make this all the time! Made for PAC Spring 2010.