Recipe by mimi5fun
cunchy fun cookies Kids love them. Take quite a bit of time to make though.
Top Review by cook_by_demand
Great recipe! My family is German, and there are definitely the secret recipes that get handed down, but this one should be added to the list! I didn't have gloves on hand, so I added a pinch more pepper. Also, I cut the brown sugar down to 1/2 cup and added 1 tbsp honey and 1 1/2 tbsp syrup. They are crunchy and awesome! Thanks so much for posting this recipe! After I'd rolled out the logs, I put them on a cookie sheet and popped them in the freezer for about 45 minutes so they were easier to cut. I found the baking time to be quite accurate for my oven, only if I turned it down to 350, but that's just because my oven in wack. Thanks again!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer mix all ingredients until blended.
- Add water a few drops at a time until mixture forms a ball.
- Knead the dough ball for a few minutes.
- Roll out a walnut sized ball of dough into a long rope of dough (little finger width) Cut pieces of the rope and put on baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on sheets.
- Makes dozens of cookies, peanut sized, nice and crunchy.