Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy-to-make crock pot chicken dish that is sweet and spicy at the same time. Adjusting the cayenne will adjust the heat in this dish (I always add more).
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- While chicken is browning, make sauce by combining garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth, lemon juice, and cayenne in a mixing bowl.
- Remove browned chicken from skillet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into crock pot and cover with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours or until chicken is done, depending on your crock pot.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and turn crock pot to High.
- Mix corn starch and water thoroughly together, then add to crock pot liquid.
- Place cover on crock pot so that the lid is slightly ajar.
- Cook until sauce thickens, about 20-30 minutes.
- Return chicken to crock pot to coat, then serve either alone or over a bed of rice and topped with sauce.