9 hrs 20 mins
Mark H.'s Note:
An easy-to-make crock pot chicken dish that is sweet and spicy at the same time. Adjusting the cayenne will adjust the heat in this dish (I always add more).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in skillet.
- 2Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- 3While chicken is browning, make sauce by combining garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, chicken broth, lemon juice, and cayenne in a mixing bowl.
- 4Remove browned chicken from skillet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Place chicken into crock pot and cover with sauce.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 4-8 hours or until chicken is done, depending on your crock pot.
- 7Remove chicken from crock pot and turn crock pot to High.
- 8Mix corn starch and water thoroughly together, then add to crock pot liquid.
- 9Place cover on crock pot so that the lid is slightly ajar.
- 10Cook until sauce thickens, about 20-30 minutes.
- 11Return chicken to crock pot to coat, then serve either alone or over a bed of rice and topped with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1513.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 30.4 g