- 2 cups whole almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the almonds with the olive oil.
- Spread almonds out on a sheet pan in a single layer. (Keep the mixing bowl handy – you will need it again.)
- While oven heats, mix the spices, salt, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Bake almonds for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully pour the hot almonds back into the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle spices over the nuts and toss well with a spoon.
- Pour the seasoned almonds back onto the sheet pan and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let nuts cool completely on pan.
- Store cooled nuts in a covered container.