Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on a blog called Pinch my Salt. I thought they would be a great snack or gift.
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the almonds with the olive oil.
- Spread almonds out on a sheet pan in a single layer. (Keep the mixing bowl handy – you will need it again.)
- While oven heats, mix the spices, salt, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Bake almonds for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully pour the hot almonds back into the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle spices over the nuts and toss well with a spoon.
- Pour the seasoned almonds back onto the sheet pan and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let nuts cool completely on pan.
- Store cooled nuts in a covered container.
Do yo need something different, easy and fast to serve as appetizer to your guest?
This recipe is perfect for you and they ask you were did you got them!
These were the hit of my party and they went FAST! They are to die for, and next time I'll quadruple the recipe! I used my own Chinese Five Spice recipe in this. I think these would make a wonderful gift for holidays. Thank you for sharing!