Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy lunch or light dinner. Have all of your vegetables etc cut up before you start. This dish comes together very quickly. I like to cook my rice the night before and let it cool. This is not necessary, but makes this dish even quicker.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (divided)
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea (cut in half)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits (drained juice reserved)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Cook rice according to package directions replacing water with 2 cups chicken broth.
- In large wok or fry pan, add reserved juice from pineapple, remaining chicken broth, and all other ingredients except rice, chicken and pineapple. Bring to boil, and simmer 5 mins, or till veggies reach desired doneness.
- Add rice, chicken and pineapple. Heat through and serve.
This was just ok. I can't say I would make it again.
A wonderful and creative treatment of the contest ingredients for RSC #10. I planned this one ahead and had leftover rice cooked with broth and roasted chicken ready, so the dish came together in just minutes. My rendition used brown rice, my standard, and also included 1/2 cup chopped red pepper which both made sense and worked really well in the dish. The flavors were great, as promised, a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy (but not so spicy you couldn't share with tender tongued friends). I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers tomorrow. Thanks and good luck!
Delicious and easy.Imade this as directed with the following changes: used brown rice (our prference), added more pepper(1/2 cup red bell too),added egg, a splash of white wine, reg onion (had on hand chopped). Wonderful!! Family loved this - will make again! **Went to market 2007**