Recipe by MsSally
This is a quick and easy lunch or light dinner. Have all of your vegetables etc cut up before you start. This dish comes together very quickly. I like to cook my rice the night before and let it cool. This is not necessary, but makes this dish even quicker.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (divided)
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea (cut in half)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits (drained juice reserved)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions replacing water with 2 cups chicken broth.
- In large wok or fry pan, add reserved juice from pineapple, remaining chicken broth, and all other ingredients except rice, chicken and pineapple. Bring to boil, and simmer 5 mins, or till veggies reach desired doneness.
- Add rice, chicken and pineapple. Heat through and serve.