Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe is from Cooking Light magazine.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Chicken and White Bean Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canother white beans, undrained
- 3⁄4 lb boneless chicken breast half, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh lemongrass (about 1 stalk)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canfire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add cardamom, cloves, and garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add onion; sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Add chili powder, turmeric, and coriander; cook 30 seconds. Add beans and chicken; stir to coat. Add milk, 1/2 cup water, lemongrass, tomatoes, and potato to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Serve with cilantro.