Recipe by weekend cooker
I found this on an old recipe card, and tried this, and it is very good.
Top Review by TheGrumpyChef
I have made this twice now, and will be making it again very soon. The onion soup mix was perfect seasoning, but I did cut down the brown sugar to 1/2 cup. Best part was that supper was ready when we got home on a busy night. Just had to toss a quick salad and serve. Loved it!
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 5 quart slow cooker with vegetable oil, and arrange chicken pieces in bottom of cooker.
- Combine chili sauce, brown sugar, dry onion soup mix, cayenne pepper, barbecue sauce, peanut oil, and 1/4 cup of water in a large bowl, and spoon over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.