- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot (can use up to 1 tablespoon more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly diagonally
- 2 cups cashews (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all sauce ingredients; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken with cornstarch, sugar and salt (making sure that the chicken is coated well).
- Heat a wok or large frypan with oil to hot (not smoking).
- Add in chicken, ginger, garlic and onion; stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Add in peppers and carrots, stir-fry about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the prepared sauce, cook stirring until simmering.
- Add in cashews and serve immediately.