Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is one that I came up with while experimenting. I've been on a diet and trying to eat healthier, while not giving up flavorful foods. I was quite pleased with the results.
- 8 ounces Thai rice noodles (medium or wide, half a pound)
- 1 mango (medium)
- 1 papaya (small)
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 egg, large
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 9 ounces , sweet and spicy caribbean mango sauce (approximately half a bottle) or 9 ounces marinade (approximately half a bottle)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large chicken breasts or 1 lb shrimp
- siracha vietnamese garlic pepper sauce, to taste (the bright red sauce with the rooster on front, available almost anywhere worldwide) (optional)
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, sliced thin, leave the seeds in for extra kick. (optional)
- Cut all fruits into bite-size pieces first.
- Slice chicken breast into thin slices. If any pieces are wider than three inches, cut in half.
- Heat four cups of water to boiling.
- Take water off of heat, and add rice noodles. Let sit for 7-9 minutes (or as recommended on the package).
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to wok and heat on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Scramble egg in wok, and set aside (clean egg residue out of wok after scrambling the egg)
- Add 2 tbsp of peanut oil into wok, and heat on high for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cook chicken or shrimp in wok until done - about 3-5 minutes for chicken, or 2-3 minutes for shrimp. Note: if using pre-cooked shrimp, skip this step.
- When noodles are done, drain and rinse in cold water.
- (Note: everything is going to happen very fast at this point, so be ready!).
- Add noodles and mango stir-fry sauce to wok, and mix until combined and noodles are hot (about 2 minutes).
- Add fruits, water chestnuts, and optional jalapenos to wok, and stir rapidly until everything is hot. Note: the fruits will generate a lot of liquid. It's best to stir fry until the liquid has boiled off a bit. Keeping a fair amount of the liquids as a sauce does add to the dish.
- Once fruits are added, the entire dish will be cooked to perfection within about three minutes.
- (optional) Add Siracha garlic pepper sauce to taste right at the end of the stir fry, and mix well.
- Serve immediately.