Recipe by Mary Jenny
Drop-in guests are the best, but it's nice to have something on hand to serve with a drink. These dressed up peanuts go perfectly with beer or cocktails. More great recipes can be found online at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Then whisk in sugar and seasonings (if you only have garlic salt, add only 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt) until blended. Add peanuts and stir to coat.
- Spread peanuts out on prepared baking sheet. Roast in preheated oven, stirring a couple of times until nuts are golden brown and mixture is barely sticky, 20 to 25 minutes. Taste, adding a little more salt if needed. Cool completely, breaking up nuts as they cool. Store in an airtight container for a couple of weeks.