Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These ribs are totally AMAZING!!!!!! Plan ahead these ribs have to marinate for 8-24 hours after baking them in the oven. They can be grilled or broiled. If you are making more than 4 pounds of ribs then double the sauce ingredients, but do not increase the fresh garlic.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (you can use more or less depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 4 lbs pork spareribs (cut into serving-size pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a large roasting pan.
- Wrap the serving-size ribs in heavy-duty foil.
- Place in a roasting pan (or use a baking dish large enough to hold the ribs).
- Place in the oven and bake for about 1-1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
- Discard the foil and place the ribs back in the roasting pan or a very large glass bowl; cool to almost room temperature or cool enough to place in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl whisk together brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, rum, chili sauce, fresh garlic, minced onion and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs, tossing to coat the ribs with the sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Preheat the grill or broiler (if broiler cooking then place the ribs on a large broiler pan.
- Grill or broil for about 30-35 minutes, brushing with the marinade towards the last 10-15 minutes of cooking time.