Recipe by Aroostook
I found this one on-line and couldn't help but chuckle over it's source. Recipe from Atlanta Cooknotes, cookbook of The Junior League of Atlanta, GA. Recipe developed from a conversation overheard between two old ladies on a bus.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup hot barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine marmalade, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up, in a baking pan lined with tin foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally.
- Increase temperature to 400°F.
- and bake 15 minutes longer.