Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From existentialmoo.com. posted on request by HeatherFeather for lactose-free breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon (12 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together brown sugar, cayenne, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Arrange bacon slices in l layer on a large broiler pan and bake in middle of oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn slices over and sprinkle evenly with spiced sugar.
- Continue baking until bacon is crisp and brown, 15 to 20 minutes more, then transfer to paper towels to drain.
This was so delicious. Mmmm - crispy and sweet, with a little bit of zip. Everyone loved this - and it was great for company since it bakes in the oven.
I made this for my family for Sunday brunch. DD went nuts over it. They all agreed it was five stars. Thank you for posting....Stephanie
Our family really enjoyed this bacon recipe. It was so easy and the bacon cooked perfectly. I think I'll start cooking all of our bacon in the oven now. Thanks WaterMelon.