Prep 1 min
Cook 40 mins
You may not have bacon any other way again! The bacon must be cooked on a rack, I use a cookie rack placed on a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet, it works well, or use a broiler pan.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (no packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb thick-cut bacon
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small cup stir together brown sugar, cayenne and black pepper.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a large broiler pan and place on the second-lowest oven rack.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and sprinkle with spiced sugar mix.
- Place back in the oven and continue baking until crisp and brown (about 15-20 minutes more).
- Remove and transfer to paper towels.
WOW! I loved this; the heat is a creeper, but Oh so good! I made this on my sil-pat, baked as normal @ 400Âº, turned after 8 minutes and sprinkled the mixture over the pieces and returned to the oven for 8 minutes. Mine was crispier after a few minutes out of the oven, probably why you say to use a broiler pan...Thanks for another winner, Kitten; I won't save this for special occasions. It's easy enough to make anytime...
I turned into a little piggy eating this bacon. What can I say? Salty-sweet-spicy - it's got it all!
We really loved this! The "spicy" barely came through, but the "sweet" added a delicious flavor. This worked great for our family...if you like it spicier, you could always add more pepper. Baking in the oven was a great time saver, also, as I normally use the frying pan and need to do bacon in three batches. Thanks for sharing!