Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the Taste section of the Sierra Vista Herald. Have not tried it yet but sounds good for a picnic. If taking on a picnic don't forget some wipes for the sticky fingers!
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons mustard powder, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot chili sauce, to taste (Sriracha)
- 8 -12 chicken legs (Drumsticks)
- Whisk wine, honey, soy sauce, dry mustard powder, and sriracha in a small saucepan until smooth. Heat, stirring over med low heat till sauce is simmering.Stirring frequently, cook until mixture is thickened and slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange chicken on pan and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Brush chicken with half the sauce mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn drumsticks over and brush with other half of sauce mixture and drippings from the pan.
- Bake 25 minutes more, brushing one more time with pan drippings, until the chicken is well browned. Serve warm or cool, then wrap in foil or place in plastic container and refrigerate until ready to go on your picnic.