Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and Spicy sweet potato dish
- 2 large kumara, peeled and left whole (sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- Parboil kumara for about 10 minutes, until just tender.
- Cool slightly and cut into 1/4 inch slices lengthways.
- Mix the oil and spices together, brush the mixture over the slices of kumara and then place over hot barbecue grill for a few minutes on each side until crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with the salt and serve immediately.
I am serving sweet potatoes more & more - this recipe is so tasty and easy to prepare - I did them in the oven and cut the potatoes across instead of longways. I didn't use olive oil just a "No Oil" spray with the herbs. The herbs are a lovely combination and add so much to the flavor of the Sweet Potato
Very, very nice! Great taste and great texture!
Had to give this 5 stars as I thinkI will be making it quite often. I Love sweet potato and the spices used in this are reaaly good. I made this as a snack and it beats opening a packet of crisps, and healthier as well. Thanks Evie.