Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 3 lbs chicken drummettes
- garlic salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- Cook wings in water (to cover) to make broth.
- Sprinkle chicken wings with garlic salt.
- Let stand one hour.
- Roll in corn starch, then in beaten egg.
- Fry in one inch of peanut oil until brown and crisp.
- Put in single layer in flat pan.
- Make sauce with rest of ingredients, including broth.
- Cook until sugar melts, then pour over chicken wings.
- Bake at 325 for one hour.
- Baste and uncover during last 15 minutes.