Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This a very simple recipe my Wife came up with about 30 years ago. We were both avid outdoor folks. Fishing, Hunting, Camping. The medical problems started. I still hunt and fish when possible. Everyone we ever served this to polished the bowl and went looking for the pot. ENJOY You can use any meat but it was originally made for Venison.
- 2 lbs venison
- 1 onion, large chopped small
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup (I use Heinz)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (Red Wine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, brown
- 1 tablespoon paprika (your choice Hot or Sweet)
- Cut the Venison into bite size pieces and brown in skillet with a little oil of choice. We use Bacon fat.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and add to the meat in a cast iron pot.
- Bring up to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for one and a half to two hours or till done. Adding water or Wine as needed.
- This goes very good over Broad Noodles.
I am always looking for fresh new ways to use vension.. this one is good but not great. It was just a little too tangy for me